I love a good pasta, especially when I could use a good comforting meal. This pasta is one of my favourites because it is so fresh tasting with a blend of flavours so complimentary to each other that each bite makes you want to say mmm! (My fiancé actually does this.. I don’t know if he’s aware of it sometimes, but I take it as a compliment). One of the highlights of this pasta is that it’s a two pot meal, so there is very little clean up to do in the end. My fiancé and I have this “If you cook, I’ll clean” deal happening, so it makes the deal a bit sweeter for him. I used fettuccini pasta, but feel free to substitute!
- fettuccini pasta (one handful per serving)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsps lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic (or more… always more)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 1 spanish onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbs mango chutney
- 2 tbs green onion
- oil to coat wok and pan
- Oil a non stick pan and set the temperature to low. Prepare your fettuccine pasta al dente.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and place them into oiled pan. Make sure to stir on occaision.
- Oil a wok or a large non stick pan and put it on medium. Cut the red peppers into strips, cut the strips in half and add them to the pan. Do the same to your avocados and add them approximately two minutes later.
- Add the lemon juice, garlic, diced roma tomatoes and spanish onion. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Remember to stir your chicken!
- Add the mango chutney, oregano, parsley and basil. (Sometimes I add a tablespoon of curry for flavour and spice). Let simmer for another 5-10 minutes, depending on preference. Incorporate your chicken.
- Garnish with green onion, serve and enjoy!